How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Las Vegas
Security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras come equipped with an array of tools all designed to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Las Vegas.
How To Set Up Your Las Vegas Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras at the perfect points around your living space is the best place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a good move to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras should afford a clear scene of your front door, drive, front and patio, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may reduce your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want some type of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the foundation for getting the all you can from home security cameras in Las Vegas. The innovations shown below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your smart device anytime unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when activity is detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your video surveillance to film and back up clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone via the unit. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at any space. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to secure specific spots within your home.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to alert you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Las Vegas is easier. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (702) 446-1220 or submit the form below to start building your home security system today.