Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Las Vegas?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Las Vegas? Generally, you should consider three significant sectors of your property for video surveillance: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your security installer is able to advise where to start, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Door
While you might find it unlikely that a criminal would make an effort to casually walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. You also have delivery bandits among other threats to deal with. Doorbell surveillance is able to manage all of these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is extra useful as you can speak with any visitors who come and engage the doorbell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you can answer each instance with 2-way talk and real-time footage and appear to be at home. When someone attempts something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell record a clip and transmit it to your smartphone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is defended properly.
- Cameras at the corners of your Las Vegas home offer an impressive sightline, letting you see two sections of your property.
- Right under an eave or into a length of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more likely passageway for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or rear door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
For each installation, you should always trim away any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Las Vegas. That same adaptability results in there being other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Point your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s broken. Set your indoor units in a spot where children or pets can’t mess with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top video camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a houseplant in the way. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (702) 446-1220 or complete the following form to get started.